The LBJ Early College Career Launch Health Sciences Program is marketed to rising ninth-grade students interested in a career in the healthcare industry. Our program provides students the opportunities to explore careers in health and science through partnerships with Austin Community College and Seton Healthcare Family. This unique innovative program:
- Connect high school academics to the higher expectations of college academics.
- Link academic coursework with careers.
- Develop career pathways from high school through college to jobs in in-demand industries.
- Increase exposure to math and science through areas of student interest.
- Provide the opportunity to accelerate student learning and student access to post-secondary options while still enrolled in high school.
- Challenge students to be college and career ready.
- Partner with Texas Institutions of Higher Education (IHEs) and regional businesses, organizations and industries, giving students access to post-secondary education and workforce training opportunities.
- Students in the programs are exposed to the latest technologies used in these industries, earn industry recognized certifications, and participate in work-based learning activities that include job shadowing, internships, being mentored by an industry expert and real-world industry challenge projects. In addition to acquiring job skills and industry knowledge, students also earn college credits toward an Associate Degree in Applied Science tuition free.